Martin Brodeur Autographed Hockey Jersey Contest
Rules & Regulations for One Change
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
These contest rules and regulations are applicable to the free Martin Brodeur autographed hockey jersey contest brought to you by One Change.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Contest open to all residents of Canada . Void where prohibited by law and entrants must be 18 years of age or older. In the event of a dispute as to the winner’s identity, entries will be deemed made by the holder of the email account associated with the entry. Employees of One Change are prohibited from entering this contest.
2. TIMING: Contest begins at 5:00 p.m. EST on 02/16/10 and continues until 3:00 p.m. EST on 03/19/10. Entries must be received by 3:00 p.m. EST on 03/19/10 to be eligible. Contest entries are limited to one entree per day per person.
3. HOW TO ENTER: Visit this webpage www.onechange.org/martin-brodeur-jersey/ and watch the 30 second video, fill out the web form and provide full name, email and answer the trivia question correctly.
4. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY: No purchase is required to enter this One Change contest.
5. PRIZES AND ODDS: One prize will be awarded. The prize will be a Martin Brodeur New Jersey Devils hockey jersey, personally autographed by Martin Brodeur. The odds of winning will vary depending on how many eligible entrants are received.
6. PUBLICITY: By entering this Contest, you consent to One Change’s use of your name and location for any publicity purpose. Only the winner of the jersey will be made public, all other applicants will remain private.
7. SELECTION OF WINNER: The winner will drawn at random and announced on 03/22/10 on the One Change website.
8. NOTIFICATION: The winner will be notified by email. The winner will be contacted on 03/22/10 and will have 30 days to reply and provide One Change with a phone number and address. Failure to comply with the requirements of this paragraph may result in disqualification and in the forfeiture of any right to a prize, in which there will be a second draw and a new winner awarded.
9. GENERAL: One Change assumes no responsibility for: entries lost, late, delayed, illegible, incomplete, or for the failure, interruption or delay of any email or other communication to be received, for any reason; problems with the function of any website or website feature howsoever caused;
the malfunction of, or damage caused to, any telephone network or lines, computer equipment, data or software, online systems, servers or access providers; any functionality lost due to not having cookies enabled; traffic congestion on the Internet or on phone lines; the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks; or for breaches of privacy due to interference by third party computer “hackers.”
One Change reserves the right, at its sole discretion and without prior notice, to amend, cancel, close, suspend or reinstate a Contest at any time and for any reason whatsoever. Prizes are non-transferable, must be accepted as awarded by One Change and cannot be exchanged by a declared winner for cash or other substitutes.
By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees to abide by these Contest rules, which are subject to change without notice to Contest entrants individually and each entrant releases One Change, its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents and advertising and promotional agencies, from any damage, loss or liability suffered as a result of or arising from the entrant’s participation in a Contest or the use of any prize.
The Contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. The Contest and these Contest rules shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Ontario. Any dispute shall be adjudicated in the courts sitting in Toronto, Ontario.
The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Contest rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
A purchase will not improve chances of winning.
CONSUMER DISCLOSURE You have not yet won.
OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD AS OF THE DATE OF ENTRY
By entering this Promotion, entrants accept and agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Any violation of these rules may result in disqualification. All decisions of the judges regarding this Promotion are final and binding in all respects.
1. PROMOTION PERIOD. Contest begins at 5:00 p.m. EST on 02/16/10 and continues until 3:00 p.m. EST on 03/19/10. Entries must be received by 3:00 p.m. EST on 03/19/10 to be eligible.
2. ELIGIBILITY. This sweepstakes is open to residents of the 50 United States and District of Columbia who are at least 18 years old as of the date of entry, except officers, directors, members, shareholders, and employees of the Sponsor, the judging organization (if applicable), or any other party associated with the development or administration of this Promotion, and the immediate family (i.e., parents, children, siblings, spouse), and persons residing in the same household, as such individuals.
4. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION.’ The winner will be notified by email. The winner will be contacted on 03/22/10 and will have 30 days to reply and provide One Change with a phone number and address. Failure to comply with the requirements of this paragraph may result in disqualification and in the forfeiture of any right to a prize, in which there will be a second draw and a new winner awarded.. Upon contacting a potential winner and determining that he/she has met all eligibility requirements of the Promotion, including without limitation the execution of required waivers, publicity and liability releases and disclaimers, such individual will be declared the “winner” of the Promotion.
5. PRIZE DESCRIPTION. One prize will be awarded. The prize will be a Martin Brodeur New Jersey Devils hockey jersey, personally autographed by Martin Brodeur.
6. TAXES. All federal, state and/or local income and other taxes, if any, are the winner’s sole responsibility.
7. ODDS OF WINNING. The odds of winning this Promotion depend on the number of eligible entries received.
8. NO PRIZE TRANSFER OR SUBSTITUTION. No prize or any portion thereof is transferable or redeemable for cash. Any portion of the prize that is not used is forfeited. No substitutions for prize except by Sponsor, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be substituted.
9. CONSENT AND RELEASE. By entering the Promotion, each entrant releases and discharges the Sponsor, judging organization (if applicable), and any other party associated with the development or administration of this Promotion, their parent, subsidiary, and affiliated entities, and each of their respective officers, directors, members, shareholders, employees, independent contractors, agents, representatives, transferees and assigns (collectively, “Sponsor Entities”), from any and all liability whatsoever in connection with this Promotion, including without limitation legal claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages, demands or actions of any kind (including without limitation personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction or property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light) (collectively, “Claims”). Except where prohibited: (i) acceptance of a prize constitutes the consent of any winner, without further compensation, to use the name and likeness of such winner for editorial, advertising and publicity purposes by the Sponsor and/or others authorized by the Sponsor; (ii) acceptance of a prize constitutes a release by any winner of the Sponsor Entities of any and all Claims in connection with the administration of this Promotion and the use, misuse, or possession of any prize; (iii) potential winner may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility (including social security number) and a liability/publicity release; and (iv) if prize involves travel or activities, any potential winner and travel companion (if applicable) may be required to execute releases of the Sponsor from any and all liability with respect to participation in such travel/activities and/or use of the prize. Affidavits and releases must be returned within ten (10) days from the date that Sponsor first tries to notify the potential winner.
10. DISCLAIMERS. (i) Entries that are lost, late, misdirected, incorrect, garbled, or incompletely received, for any reason, including by reason of hardware, software, browser, or network failure, malfunction, congestion, or incompatibility at Sponsor’s servers or elsewhere, will not be eligible. In the event of a dispute, entries will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet Access Provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institute) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. (ii) Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process or the operation of the web site. Use of bots or other automated process to enter is prohibited and may result in disqualification at the sole discretion of Sponsor. (iii) Sponsor further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Promotion if it is not capable of completion as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, force majeure or technical failures of any sort. (iv) Sponsor Entities are not responsible for errors in the administration or fulfillment of this Promotion, including without limitation mechanical, human, printing, distribution or production errors, and may modify or cancel this Promotion based upon such error at its sole discretion without liability. (v) SPONSOR ENTITIES MAKE NO WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR GUARANTEES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, AS REGARDS THIS PROMOTION OR THE MERCHANTABILITY, QUALITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE REGARDING ANY PRIZE OR ANY COMPONENT OF ANY PRIZE. (vi) CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
11. APPLICABLE LAWS AND JURISDICTION. This Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of the State of New Jersey. All disputes arising out of or connected with this Promotion will be resolved individually, and without resort to class action, exclusively by a state or federal court located in Newark, New Jersey. Should there be a conflict between the laws of the State of New Jersey and any other laws, the conflict will be resolved in favor of the laws of the State of New Jersey. All judgments or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket damages (excluding attorneys’ fees) associated with participation in this Promotion and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages./
12. WINNER LIST. The winner will be displayed on the One Change website on the contest page for at least 1 month after the date of the draw.